Hosting the Summer Universiade 2019 in Naples and the whole of Campania region offers great opportunities of development for both the host region as well as international university sports.
Summer Universiade 2019 serves as an economic and social launch pad for the whole Campania region not only through renovation the region’s public sport infrastructure for the use of its residents, clubs and universities.
In a world where major social conflicts seem to be obstacles to coexistence, the Napoli2019 Summer Universiade 2019 Napoli sets out to promote sports beyond competition based on results, victories and records, but also on personal values of cooperation, inclusion, tolerance, respect and support in overcoming disappointment, failure and defeat in sports.
On top of that, the years of preparation for the event are also a chance to harness the passion, creativity and innovation of Naples people to propose new models of participation and sharing in economic and sporting activities. Especially including new public-private partnerships.
This reinvigoration is based on the pillars of Campania’s rich culture and history and will celebrate specifically the anniversaries of Italian contributions to university sports, namely:
-70th FISU Anniversary – founded in 1949 in Italy (Merano)
-60th UNIVERSIADES Anniversary – 1st Universiade in Turin (Italy) 1959
-40th Anniversary World Record 200m by Pietro Mennea – Universiade Mexico 1979
Napoli 2019 Summer Universiade will provide participating athletes with the most suitable environment and all necessary services to support them performing at their personnel best.
Furthermore, Napoli 2019 Summer Universiade will infuse all the participants, athletes and staff, with a new, dynamic philosophy that is not narrowly focused on winning.
Summer Universiade 2019 Napoli will:
- substantially modernize public sports facilities, as a legacy for the benefit of young people and residents of the Campania region;
- strengthen the know-how and capabilities in high-performance, university and leisure sport administration in the region;
- promote culture of sports and healthy lifestyles, globalization and shared values derived from sport;
- deliver an improvement of the economic fabric of the territory through creating jobs, generating direct investments and visitor spending;
- increase the visibility of Naples and the Campania region at the national and international level;
- improve the quality of life and collective well-being through quality sport and leisure facilities and activities;
- improve the overall quality of the environment through actions aimed at the gradual and steady reduction of pollution.